Healthy Vegan Quinoa Cupcakes
For these super delicious and healthy little treats I was inspired from a conversation with a vegan client. It was Luga e Argjendtë‘s quinoa salad that made me think creating some quinoa based cupcakes.
Quinoa is one of the world’s most popular healthy food. It is gluten-free, high in protein and fiber, magnesium, B-vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
Also it is very easy to cook quinoa (the packages you buy this product have the instructions on how to) and you can use it in salads, main courses and sweets.
- Before cooking quinoa rinse well with water for several times until the water come out clean.
- If you end up with leftover cooked quinoa, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
- This is not only a great vegan recipe, but also using gluten free oatmeal it can turn into a great gluten free dessert.
- You can add several additional ingredients to these sweet bites such as: dried fruits, chocolate chips (like me), fresh fruits cut in chunks, different spices etc.
Preheat your oven to 190°C, spray with non stick spray a muffin pan and set aside.
* or line a muffin pan with cupcake liners and set aside (you can oil the surface of the cupcake pan so the batter wont stick to it).
In a large bowl mix together the cooked quinoa and mashed bananas.
Add the oat bran and any additional ingredient you are using.
Using a large ice cream scoop or two spoons, scoop the batter evenly in your prepared pan.
* I prefer to place some chocolate chips in the middle, after the second add some too.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until when you insert a toothpick in the center it comes out clean.
Let the cupcakes cool completely.
Photography by Eranda Janku